When it comes to choosing an attic ladder for your home, do you know one rung from another?
We have all the tips on how to choose an attic ladder and all the key things you need to know when choosing the best attic ladder for you.
To find out more keep reading our blog below or give AtticPlus a call on 1300 502 995.
Things to consider when choosing the right attic ladder for your home
There are a number of things to take into consideration when choosing a ladder for your attic space including:
- Size – what is the width of the opening?
- Height – what is the ceiling height?
- Loads – how heavy will the items be that are moved via the ladder (you + carried up – 150kg)?
- Materials – what stability is required? Would you benefit from a timber or aluminium ladder?
- Usability – how often will the ladder be used?
Best attic ladder choice
AtticPlus recommends aluminium ladders rather than timber as they are best suited for heavier use especially if you will be going up and down a lot.
Benefits of aluminium ladders
- Stability and durability.
- No wearing.
- Makes attic use more comfortable.
- Aluminium ladders come in range of sizes so they can be put in any ceiling.
- People get more use from an attic if they have an aluminium ladder.
Why you need a professionally installed attic ladder
When it comes the installation of an attic ladder, it’s a job best left for the professionals for a number of reasons:
- Ceilings not being level can make installation difficult.
- Damage can be made to the ceiling during install – brittle old ceiling plaster and matte plaster (decorative ceilings).
- Framing of the ladder opening – this should be done by a qualified carpenter due to structural concerns and impact made on cutting and ceiling joists.
- Falling concerns – we are insured if anything was to happen.
How to choose an attic ladder
Explore similar tagged articles