Skylights are a great solution to let natural light filter into your home. But, if you have had the same skylights sitting in your roof for many years, chances are a bit of wear and tear has taken affect.
Newer skylights are being designed better and stronger to withstand all kinds of harsh conditions. So, if it’s time to replace the old with the new, AtticPlus has 5 reasons to replace your old dome skylight for a Fakro double glazed skylight.
5 Reasons to Replace Your Old Dome Skylight for a Fakro Double Glazed Skylight
If time and weather have taken over and given your old skylight a bit of a dull look, it’s time for something new to take its place. If we haven’t totally convinced you yet, here’s five more reasons to make the change:
- They are prone to cracking – old dome skylights aren’t as strong as newer products and with age, cracks will start to appear creating the potential for leaks. They are also at the mercy of unforgiving weather including sun and hailstorms.
- Prevent damage – save money on greater repairs if your skylight gets damaged in hail or other weather events, plus increase the UV protection.
- See the sky– create a view from your living areas and see the beautiful blue or starry night sky.
- Better thermal qualities – glass is double glazed also making the skylight more durable.
- Skylights have advanced with technology– new skylights have options of opening to let in fresh air and built in blinds to control light.
AtticPlus offer a range of skylight options to help brighten up your home and existing attic space.
Whether you’re after fixed, manual opening or even solar opening skylights, we can offer advice and make recommendations on what will work best for your home.
Explore similar tagged articles