They allow the flow of natural light to enter your home but how much do you know about skylights? Attic Plus have put together the pros and cons of skylights to help you decide what will work best for your home.
At Attic Plus, we offer a range of Velux and Falcro roof windows and skylights to help brighten up your home and attic area.
At Attic Plus, we stock Velux and Falcro branded roof windows and skylights. These are the market leaders in the skylight industry and continue to improve and enhance the technology used to ensure they are always the best in the game.
Pros of Skylights
- Creates light in dark spaces.
- Brings in natural light which increases your mood and affects your health positively.
- Saves money on your energy bills due to less lights being turned on.
- Increases sale value of a home.
- Can be an architectural or interior design feature of a home.
- Warranty – Attic Plus give a 3-year installation warranty on all our work.
Cons of Skylights
- Installation – A skylight itself takes 2-3 hours, or a skylight and shaft can take up to a day to install.
- During installation, direct roof access is required.
- There is potential for the room temperature to be compromised by breaking the integrity of insulation against external conditions.
Illume The Skylight Alternative
At Attic Plus we also offer and install Illume – The Skylight Alternative.
- The Illume creates harmony between internal and external lighting using Ambient Light Technology (A.L.T).
- The system comes to life and adjusts itself as the sun makes its way across the sky using energy to create an incredible natural looking light inside your home.
- Unlike traditional skylights, you don’t require direct roof access to install an Illume.
- You can place the light panel in any internal space where additional daytime lighting is of benefit.
- They can be installed in any room and on any floor of a residential, commercial or public building.
Pros and Cons of Skylights
Attic Plus is Sydney’s leading attic specialist. We work closely with our clients to find the roof storage solution based on their brief, budget and the space available. Ask us how you can save thousands by investing in usable attic space.
Offering great value for money and high quality workmanship from qualified, trustworthy trades; you can be assured that the job will be done properly in a timely manner by Attic Plus.
We can help you with attic ladder installation, essential attic storage, clean rooms, attic rooms (requiring no council approval) through to full attic conversions. We also specialise in roof windows, traditional skylights and Illume – The Skylight Alternative.
For a no-obligation quote, enquire here or call our friendly team on 1300 502 995.